Rosengartenpl. 2, 68161 Mannheim
The world faces major environmental, economic and social challenges. Addressing these requires a profound transformation, which will impact all aspects of society.
It’s time we get serious about taking transformation forward.
Cities are on the frontline. The vast majority of Europe’s population lives in urban areas and 75% of global CO2 emissions come from cities. As centres of entrepreneurship and creativity, cities have the tools to make change happen.
Cities can’t do it alone. With the European Green Deal, a supporting framework is emerging at the EU level. Urban regions have a crucial role to play in putting this into action, and they have to work with others to be most effective.
From 30 September to 2 October 2020, those who can make change happen will gather in Mannheim. Take transformation forward by joining Mayors, local government practitioners, civil society and all other urban stakeholders, businesses, national governments and European institutions at the Mannheim2020 conference.
Help us transform Europe for a secure and sustainable future. Register today to join:
- Plenary discussions that address just transition, digitalisation, and future lifestyles;
- The launch of our local response to the European Green Deal;
- Sub-plenary sessions on circular economy, carbon-neutral development, nature-based solutions in European cities, the role of philanthropic capitalism;
- Breakout sessions on innovations and transformations across a range of urban policy areas;
- An Innovation Market showcasing Europe’s latest projects and solutions;
- Guided study tours in Mannheim, highlighting the city’s own transformation;
- Social events, receptions and ceremonies.
A Mayors Session and lunch offer political leaders the opportunity to exchange and connect with peers.
Click here to register today.
For more information, visit mannheim2020.eu.