room T11-12, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA Rotterdam, Netherlands
Do your PhD in Urban Development & Governance in a global top 100 university.
The IHS PhD programme is part of the high ranking Erasmus University Rotterdam (72nd globally according to THE) and its Erasmus Graduate School of Social Sciences and Humanities (EGSH). Our programme fuses urban management with governance – a solid, relevant and academically unique combination. The programme is divided into six clusters of research. Researchers working within these fields actively collaborate with each other in order to create a truly multidisciplinary research environment.
Flexible tailor-made PhD programme
The PhD trajectory takes 4 years on average, and requires a minimum stay of only 3 months per year in the Netherlands to ensure a solid foundation for supervision. While at IHS candidates enjoy a quiet private working location on campus. The candidate is free to return to their home country to conduct research throughout the rest of the year. The programmes can be designed in consideration of the individual candidate’s needs and requirements. Our PhD candidates can choose among several modalities.
Course details & Admission
Duration: Average of 4 years (only 3 months per year mandatory on site)
Tuition fees (per year): €12,500
Application deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
Why choose IHS as your PhD destination?
- Variety of research possibilities (6 clusters).
- Supervisory team of urban experts.
- Access to the vast resources of the university library system & campus facilities, support in visa procedures and practical assistance.
- A dedicated quiet working space.
- Access to tailored courses included in the fee.
- Possibility to supervise and guest lecture.
- A truly international environment & an opportunity to expand your network.
Learn more about the programme here.