Burgemeester Oudlaan 50
3062 PA Rotterdam
Join the MSc in Public Administration with specialisation in Urban Governance. This collaboration between the Department of Public Administration and the Institute of Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) is a new program designed to address the problems of tomorrow’s cities at the #1 university worldwide for Public Administration.
The MSc Public Administration: Urban Governance Specialization is looking for applicants who wish to gain the right knowledge and skills to tackle complex urban governance policies. Participants will learn to develop sustainable governance policies, secure global resilience and help guarantee the well-being of people in an increasingly urbanized world.
Courses and training in real-life settings provide an opportunity to learn and practice scientific and managerial skills. Lectures from leading scholars, pedagogical games, fieldwork and excursions are part of the teaching methods. Practical and professional skills are developed in the urban governance labs, and build group identity among classmates. Inspirational guest lectures enable a knowledge and experience transfer from the experts in the field.
Course details & Admission
Duration: 1 year
Tuition fees (per year): EU/EEA students (statutory fee 2019-2020) €2.078
Non-EU/EEA students (institutional fee 2019-2020) €14.900
Application deadline: EU/EEA, U.S. & Canadian citizens are welcome to apply by 15 June 2019. Non-EU/EEA (excl. U.S. & Canada): 15 May 2019
Why choose this Masters?
- Lectures from leading scholars and active urban policy advisors
- Join in our interactive urban governance labs using your theoretical knowledge to solve real-life examples of urban governance issues.
- Project work and field visits with local stakeholders (e.g Port of Rotterdam, Housing Associations or the Municipality of Rotterdam).
- Gain knowledge on current trends, topics, innovations such as the circular economy, place-making, co-production, self-organisation etc.
- Conduct your thesis abroad within our partner network.
Learn more about the programme here